PhD candidate (Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest)
Extension(s): +36-1-372-2500 / 6320
Biography:Firstly I was enchanted by mathematics, so I started my journey as a mathematician on the field of differential geometry and functional analysis. I wrote my thesis about linear operators on topological vectorspaces. During my math studies at the ELTE university I discovered another true passion: teaching. While I was already teaching math in a university I finally succumbed to the temptation of physics and went back to studying again. During my bachelor years I joined a research group in the Department of Materials Physics at ELTE. With my supervisor Ádám Révész I was working on hydrogen storage in magnesium based amorphous alloys.
I also did my master's studies at ELTE but my interest shifted to astrophysics and particle physics. With the guidance of Zsolt Frei and Zoltán Haiman I engaged an astrophysical research in the Department of Atomic Physics. Now I am a PhD student and the subject of my research is "cosmological ionized bubbles and the era of reionization". I recreated the model of the classical strömgren spheres around hot stars and modified it to the so called cosmological case, where the ionizing source is a quasar, and the environment is the low density intergalactic medium in the expanding universe before cosmological reionization. I am still developing this model to give the best possible estimation on the spectrum of these ionized bubbles, which we may observe in the near future.
Links to associated scientific database profiles:
- Publications in MTMT
- Publications in ORCID
- Publications in ResearcherID
- Publications in Scopus
- Publications in Google Scholar
- User profile at doktori.hu
Selected publications of recent years:
- Á. Révész, Á. Kis-Tóth, L.K. Varga, J.L. Lábár, T. Spassov: High glass forming ability correlated with microstructure and hydrogen storage properties of a MgCuAgY glass, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 39 (2014) 9230-9240
- Á. Révész, Á. Kis-Tóth, P. Szommer, T. Spassov: Hydrogen storage, microstructure and mechanical properties of strained Mg65Ni20Cu5Y10 metallic glass, Materials Science Forum 729 (2013) 74-79
- Á. Révész, Á. Kis-Tóth, L.K. Varga, E. Schafler, I. Bakonyi, T. Spassov: Hydrogen storage of melt-spun amorphous Mg65Ni20Cu5Y10 alloy deformed by high-pressure torsion, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 37 (2012) 5769-5776