PhD (Linköping University, 2016)
Department of Physics of Complex Systems
MTA-ELTE Lendulet ”Momentum” NewQubit Research Group
Extension(s): +36-1-372-2500 / 6570
2011 Graduated from Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest.
2012-2016 PhD studies, Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden.
Supervisors: Prof. Igor A. Abrikosov, Prof. Adam Gali, and Prof. Erik Janzén†.
2011-2016 Employed at the Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Budapest, Hungary as research assistant.
2017-2018 Shared postdoc position between Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden and Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Budapest, Hungary.
2019-2021 Independent postdoctoral fellow at the Wigner Research Centre for Physics.
2019.07.01- Research engineer at the Linköping University.
2021.06.01- Long-term guest scientists at the Max Planck Institute for the Physics
-2022.08.31 of Complex Systems.
2022.09.01- Assistant professor at Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest.
• Point defect quantum bits and related applications.
• First principles and model Hamiltonian based simulations.
• Quantum dynamics.
• Rydberg systems.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2016 Junior Prima Prize (Hungarian national prize for talented young researchers, ~6400 Euro).
2016 Honorary citizen of Ivád.
2018 Finalist of the Volker Heine Young investigator Award (500 Euro).
2018 Winner of the Premium Postdoctoral Research Program of the Hungarian Academy.
2021 Winner of the Young Researcher Excellence Programme (FK) of NKFIH.
2022 Winer of the MTA Lendület Program.
2019.01.01- Premium Postdoctoral Research Program of the Hungarian Academy
-2021.05.31 of Sciences.
2022.09.01- Young Researcher Excellence Programme (FK) of NKFIH.
-2026.08.31 Project: In silico study of point defect-based quantum technology applications
2022.12.01- Lendület “Momentum” Programme of Hungarian Academy of Sciences
-2027.11.30 Project: In silico design of room-temperature quantum bits
2022.06.13- Defects in Solids for Quantum Technologies (DSQT2022),
-2022.06.17 Stockholm, Sweden. Role: co-organizer, coordinator of the scientific program.
Links to associated scientific database profiles:
- Publications in MTMT
- Publications in ORCID
- Publications in ResearcherID
- Publications in Scopus
- Publications in Google Scholar
Selected publications of recent years:
- Ab initio theory of the negatively charged boron vacancy qubit in hexagonal boron nitride, V Ivády, G Barcza, G Thiering, S Li, H Hamdi, JP Chou, Ö Legeza, A Gali npj Computational Materials 6, 41 (2022)
- Decoherence of V spin defects in monoisotopic hexagonal boron nitride, A Haykal, R Tanos, N Minotto, A Durand, F Fabre, J Li, JH Edgar, V Ivady, ..., Nature Communications 13, 4347 (2022)
- Coherent dynamics of multi-spin V center in hexagonal boron nitride, W Liu, V Ivády, ZP Li, YZ Yang, S Yu, Y Meng, ZA Wang, NJ Guo, FF Yan, ... Nature Communications 13, 5713 (2022)