PhD (Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, 2010)
Extension(s): +36-1-372-2500 / 6570
Biography:In 1999 received the MSc in Biophysics [377/2001] and in 2010 the PhD in Physics [P-3234/2010].
Since 2005 has been working for the Department of Physics of Complex Systems.. His main task is to organize Physics Laboratory I. Besides teaching is an active developer of the Kooplex education platform.
Research interests: the complex behavior of computer networks, information propagation across social networks, infection propagation in dynamical networks, localization of sound sources, and cryptocurrency related studies.
National projects participated in: NKFP 02/032/2004, NAP 2005/KCKHA005, TAMOP 4.2.1/B-09/1/KMR-2010-0003, EITKIC-12-1-2012-0001, TAMOP-4.2.2.C-11/1/KONV-2012-0001 (Hungarian Future Internet Project), joint projects with Ericsson Research Hungary.
International projects participated in: EU FP7 OneLab2, EU FP7 NOVI (2010-2013), EU FP7 OpenLab (2011-2014), EIT ICTLabs FITTING (2013), EU FP7 XIFI (FIWARE Lab cloud infrastructure; 2014-2015).
Teaching: Signal processing, Info-communication networks, Physics laboratory I, Digital measurement technology, Computer simulations, Complex laboratory, Data science.
Links to associated scientific database profiles:
Selected publications of recent years:
- Audio-based performance evaluation of squash players K Hajdú-Szücs, N Fenyvesi, J Stéger, G Vattay PloS one 13 (3), e0194394 CrossLink
- The SIS process in populations with exponential decay N Barankai, J Stéger Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment 2018 (1), 013404
- Video Pandemics: Worldwide Viral Spreading of Psy’s Gangnam Style Video Z Kallus, D Kondor, J Stéger, I Csabai, E Bokányi, G Vattay International Conference on ICT Innovations, 3-12
- Race, religion and the city: twitter word frequency patterns reveal dominant demographic dimensions in the United States E Bokányi, D Kondor, L Dobos, T Sebők, J Stéger, I Csabai, G Vattay Palgrave Communications 2, 16010
- Toward a holistic federated future internet experimentation environment: the experience of NOVI research and experimentation V Maglaris, C Papagianni, G Androulidakis, M Grammatikou, P Grosso, ... IEEE Communications Magazine 53 (7), 136-144 CrossLink
- The NOVI information models J van der Ham, J Stéger, S Laki, Y Kryftis, V Maglaris, C de Laat Future Generation Computer Systems 42, 64-73
- A multi-terabyte relational database for geo-tagged social network data L Dobos, J Szule, T Bodnár, T Hanyecz, T Sebok, D Kondor, Z Kallus, ... Cognitive Infocommunications (CogInfoCom), 2013 IEEE 4th International …