Szalai-Gindl János Márk
Supervisor: István Csabai, László Dobos, (2020)
Biography:I received my M.Sc. degree in Mathematics from the Budapest University of Technology and Economics. I am currently an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Information System, Faculty of Informatics at the Eötvös University at Budapest. My main research areas: so-called Point Cloud Databases (storing and handling of multi-dimensional large point datasets) and Genomic Databases (storing of DNA sequences and related problems). Furthermore, I am also working as a system developer where the main task is the formation of complex system to support the shareable, open science. I participated in multiple research projects in those fields.
Links to associated scientific database profiles:
- Publications in MTMT
- Publications in ORCID
- Publications in ResearcherID
- Publications in Scopus
- Publications in Google Scholar
Selected publications of recent years:
- Szalai-Gindl, J. M., Dobos, L., & Csabai, I. (2017, June). Tiling strategies for distributed point cloud databases. In Proceedings of the 29th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (p. 32). ACM.
- Szalai-Gindl, J. M., Loredo, T. J., Kelly, B. C., Csabai, I., Budavári, T., & Dobos, L. (2018). GPU-accelerated hierarchical Bayesian estimation of luminosity functions using flux-limited observations with photometric noise. Astronomy and computing, 25, 247-256.
- Csabai, I., Dobos, L., Kiss, A., & Szalai-Gindl, J. M. (2018). Some mathematical properties of the performance measures applied for point cloud databases. In Annales Univ. Sci. Budapest., Sect. Comp (Vol. 47, pp. 197-209).
- Szalai-Gindl, J. M., Kiss, A., Halász, G., Dobos, L., & Csabai, I. (2019, April). ND-GiST: A Novel Method for Disk-Resident k-mer Indexing. In World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (pp. 663-672). Springer, Cham.
- Csabai, I., Dobos, L., Kiss, A., Szalai-Gindl, J. M. (2019). Load balancing in distributed point cloud databases. In Annales Univ. Sci. Budapest., Sect. Comp (Vol. 49, pp. 97-116).