PhD (Eötvös University, Budapest, 2013)
Mellék: +36-1-372-2500 / 6037
Biográfia:Since 2011 I have been working at the Insitute of Physics (at the Department of Atomic Physics).
My main research interest is high energy heavy ion physics, both experimental and phenomenological.
I am a member of the PHENIX (since 2007), the STAR (since 2018) experimental collaborations at the RHIC heavy ion accelerator (BNL, USA), where I work on quantum statistical correlations measurements. I have become a member of the CMS collaboration in 2018. On the theoretical side, I develop analytical models of heavy-ion collisions (using theoretical tools like hydrodynamics, quantum theory of Bose-Einstein correlations, etc.)
Some of my past fellowships and recognitions are: Youth Prize of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (2010), Erdős Pál Young Resarcher Fellowship (2014), Fulbright Research Fellowship (6 months, Stony Brook University, New York, 2016), Bolyai Fellowship (of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), 2016-2019, ÚNKP New National Excellence Program (2018/2019).
In addition to research, I am heavily involved in the teaching duties of the Institute, holding both introductory (B.Sc) level courses (mathematics courses such as vector calculus, complex analysis, etc., as well as physics courses like electrodynamics, atomic and quantum physics, and laboratory courses) and M.Sc level courses (such as nuclear physics, and courses about particle detector systems.)
Tudományos adatbázisok profiloldalai:
Az utolsó 5 év válogatott közleményei:
- Simple solutions of fireball hydrodynamics for rotating and expanding triaxial ellipsoids and final state observables. M. I. Nagy and T. Csörgő, Phys. Rev. C 94, (2016) no.6, 064906
- Lévy-stable two-pion Bose-Einstein correlations in sNN=200 GeV Au+Au collisions. PHENIX collaboration, Phys.Rev. C97 (2018) no.6, 064911.
- Creation of quark–gluon plasma droplets with three distinct geometries. PHENIX collaboration, Nature Phys. 15 (2019) no.3, 214-220.
- Polarized Baryon Production in Heavy Ion Collisions: An Analytic Hydrodynamical Study. B. Boldizsár, M. I. Nagy and M. Csanád, Universe 5, no. 5, 101 (2019).
- Coulomb final state interaction in heavy ion collisions for Lévy sources. M. Csanád, S. Lökös and M. Nagy, Universe 5, no. 6, 133 (2019).